Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Change is Good!

Hello stampers! Ok, I have some super exciting (I hope you find it super exciting anyway) news! SU has just announced that it will be doing a "color rennovation". Now, stick with me here, I was quite upset when I found out last night BUT I have changed my tune and drank that kool-aid!

Starting on July 1 with the new catalog and idea book, SU will no longer offer the 4 "color families". However, they have revamped the colors into 4 "color collections". They will also be retiring 25 of the current 48 standard colors, be bringing back some of the previous in-colors AND introduce some NEW colors! Again, I was kind of bummed but after seeing all the colors and seeing them together I am way excited and hope you are too! They are fun, modern, and fresh! The collections will be named Brights, Neutrals, Regals, and Subtles. No worries though, there ARE still earth element colors, they have just been relocated to regals!

In addition this year in July we will get 5 new in colors which will remain current for 2 whole years! Next year in 2011, 5 more colors will be introduced for a total of 10. In 2012 the first 5 will be retired and 5 more will be brought in! How exciting!

SU did not come to this decision lightly and has spent the past 2 years researching and putting this into place. I'm sure they will make it as smooth and painless as possible! I know there will be "kits" available to add the colors you are missing in cardstock, ink, pastels, watercolor wonder crayons and markers. So, you don't have to start all over! I'll try to post more details when I get them. Please contact me at any time if you have any questions or concerns.

Now, on to what's going (no worries, Old Olive is SAFE, whew). Here is a list of the colors that will retire come the end of June. Again, these colors will no longer be available for purchase when the new catalog begins...if you want them, stock up now!
pink passion
pixie pink
pale plum
orchid opulence
lovely lilac
lavender lace
almost amethyst
bordering blue
brocade blue
ballet blue
brilliant blue
taken with teal
glorious green
handsome hunter
sage shadow
mellow moss
green galore
gable green
barely banana (this one makes me a bit sad, but there is something to make up for it..)
summer sun
apricot appeal
only orange
really rust
ruby red
cameo coral
blush blossom (*you will still be able to buy the marker if you use this for coloring skin tones)
creamy caramel
close to cocoa (again, a bit sad)
going gray
yo-yo yellow (I hate this color so much I forgot it on the first go round...had to come in and edit, must have blocked it out completely, haha)

NOW, I know it seems like it's a lot and it is but there are some great new colors coming and in-colors coming back. Previous in-colors that will return in the CORE 40 colors are:
mambo melon
rich razzleberry
tangerine tango
river rock
soft suede
riding hood red
pink pirouette
baja breeze
wild wasabi

That make it a little better? Well there's more! Here is a list of the brand NEW colors that will be added to the core 40:
daffodil delight (my absolute fave)
early espresso
crumb cake (this is actually kraft but it's been renamed)
cajun craze
cherry cobbler
marina mist

Ok, there we have it! I think I got it all correct. Again, if you have questions let me know! I'll post more info and hopefully pictures as it becomes available.

Also the new summer mini catalog has arrived, let me know if you want one, it's GREAT!

happy stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...