Sunday, August 15, 2010

Christmas a little early

Hi stampers!  How quickly time flies, it was Halloween yesterday (here on my blog) and it's Christmas today!  I've been making some Christmas cards ever since I got my Holiday Mini Catalog pre-order...although I SHOULD be making Halloween and fall themed cards first I suppose...but where is the fun in that?  I mean Hallmark ornaments have been out since July (and YES, I did buy a few already, hehe).  This card uses probably what is my favorite set out of the whole mini called "Jolly Old Saint Nick".  I just LOVE the vintage feel of the santas and snowman in this set!  They are so cute and cheery! 

I lightly colored in the Santa with some inks and a bender pen and then I added a dot of two way glue and dazzling diamonds.  I also wheeled the bottom of the card with the "Jolly Jingles" wheel.  I really like the color combo of real red and pink, I used the new in-color "blushing bride" here.  I was on the fence about it but have found I really like it and it's great for vintage/retro Christmas stuff!

So here is my cheerful chubby guy:

Supply list
Stamps:  Jolly Old Saint Nick & Jolly Jingles wheel
Paper: Real red, whisper white, baja breeze, garden green, blushing bride
Ink:  Real red, baja breeze, staz on, blushing bride
Accessories: dazzling diamonds, decorative label punch, dotted scallop border punch, real red taffeta ribbon

And tonight I'm sitting down to plan my classes for the next few months so be on the lookout for the dates and times.  It's been really hard to find times with my work schedule and football getting into full swing but I'll do my best to fit it all in!!!  I'll be holding an exciting open house in a few weeks where you can place orders AND get lots of retired stamps and merchandise for great deals....and even have the chance to get retired stamp sets FREE with the purchase of a new stamp set!  I'll post the deets soon!  I'll also be having my annual Fall Frenzy and a few Christmas themed classes!

Until next time....happy stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...