Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Strength & Hope

Hi stampers!  So I got up very early today because I was supposed to work at a different clinic that opens earlier....well I just got a call that I don't have to cover today so it's back to my normal clinic...and I totally could have slept for at least another half an hour today!!!!  Darn it!!  So here I am now that I have a little extra time on my hands:-)  I have a card for you that I cased from the SU demo website and it uses the Strength & Hope stamp set that can be found in the upcoming summer mini (starts May 1...can't you believe it's almost May?????).

What's cool about this set is that it's a benefit for the breast cancer research foundation!  For every set purchased, SU will donate $2 of the sale to the BCRF!  I tried to hold off ordering this set because luckily I have no "use" for it I just couldn't resist when I saw gorgeous stuff being made with it!  ANNNND it's for a good cause right??? ;-)  I didn't get around to using it for Easter but I thought that the "hope" image would be good for Easter as well, no?  Click on the shop 24/7 button on the right if you'd like to purchase this set for a great cause!!!!  (There is a digital kit for MDS as well!!!!)  So, here's my card:

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps: Strength & Hope
Paper:  Crumb cake, very vanilla, mambo melon, soft suede
Inks:  certainly celery classic and craft, soft suede (marker and ink pad), mambo melon
Accessories:  color spritzer, dotted scallop border punch, antique brads, certainly celery taffeta ribbon

Isn't it pretty?  I think that my inspiration used rose red but I didn't realize it until after I had already used some mambo melon...but it works!  The butterfly was stamped in certainly celery craft ink and then heat embossed with iridescent ice EP.  I also stamped it in classing ink and then cut the embossed butterfly out and layered it over with an antique brad.   I also used one of my favorite tools, the color spritzer.  It's so fun to put a marker in it and go to town!  It was a pretty simple card but I think it's really pretty! I HOPE you like it!  And I HOPE you'll buy this set for a great cause!!!! 

I've not been inspired to stamp much lately but I'm hoping I find my mojo and can come back with something purty soon!!!!  Happy stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...