Monday, June 6, 2011

Need some coaching?

Hi stampers!  I'm BACK!!!  I got two cards done tonight so I'll have something to share tomorrow too (and maybe even tonight if I'm on the ball, hehe).  So, I found my mojo BUT I have trouble with color combinations sometimes (shhhhh, don't tell...it's a secret).  I'm an SU demo so I'm just supposed to magically be super creative right?  Um yeah...not so much:-)  Well, when I was up until all hours of the night last week for the sneak peek release I noticed something....the new in color color coach cards.  Maybe it was my fuzzy brain at that crazy late (or early) hour but they were amazing!  Now, I'll be the first to admit that I have put off buying the color coach because I just didn't see the need.  WELL!  My mind has been changed and guess what's sitting in the shopping cart for my next order!  Yup, the color coach!  If you have been on the fence or never even thought about it you should get it.  It's very useful!!!!  Anyway, I did get the 5 in-color cards last week and they are terrific!  Just LOOK what I put together using it:

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Grunge Rock, Perfect Words (new hostess set)
Paper:  More mustard, island indigo, lucky limeade, whisper white
Ink:  Same
Accessories:  Circle punches, dimensionals (wow, that's a record for me I think, hehe)

OMG!!!!  Isn't it awesome!  I would have NEVER thought to put more mustard with Island Indigo and Lucky Limeade which are two of the new in colors.  Indigo sort of looks like not quite navy in the picture but it's really not, it's much brighter.  But the picture did for once pick up the shimmer of the smooch spray that I used.  I used the gold on the mustard base and the silver on the indigo mat.  Can you find the final sneak peek???  Can ya???  Does that sentiment look new???  Well it is and how well does it work with grunge rock????  PERFECT!  I used my new in color markers to ink it up in all three colors.  It's a set called Perfect Words and I'm in love with it!  I really should have held off ordering ANY hostess sets since I always earn them BUT I'm a sucker for the words (you're saying yeah right....we read your blog, we know you can't shut up...hehe)!!!!  But really, I just LOVE how easy it is to pair up SU sets with other sets, they all work so well!!!!  AND the hostess sets this year are just fan-freaking-tastic!  I love each and every one of them (and there are lots).  Otherwise, this card just has lots and lots of distressing.  I'm sure it will wind up on my hubby's desk since he pretty much rocks my world and doesn't care if I neglect him to stamp...or stare at my new catalog lovingly (which I have been doing A LOT...and will probably do again here in a few minutes, hehe).  Anyway, happy to be back!  See you soon!  Happy stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...