Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Hello, my friends

Hi stampers!  I have two cards for you today.  Why two?  Well because I couldn't decide exactly what I wanted to do with my design so I made one of each:-)  If you know me then you know I'm very indecisive sometimes (ask my hubby when it's time for me to make a decision about where to go for dinner....hehe) so I really couldn't decide how I wanted to make this card.

What I DID know was the color combo I wanted to use.  A good friend of mine on SCS mentioned that one of her new favorite combos was pool party, island indigo, and wild wasabi and I thought it sounded PRETTY!  I also really wanted to use the My Friend stamp set that I just got.  It's just a great set!  I LOVE the floral image, it's great to use on the corner of your project and works great for a lot of techniques.  It's great for embossing and emboss resist, direct to rubber with water color crayons, and two tone stamping which I did on my card.

What I couldn't decide was wether I wanted to use the netting background stamp that I also just got or the borderlines polka dots (that I got FREE at convention in my plus fun class).  So, I'll show you both and you can tell me which you like best!  I think I like the one with the polka dots if I HAD to pick!



Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  My friend, netting, borderlines
Paper:  Whisper white, pool party, island indigo, wild wasabi
Ink:  Pool party, island indigo
Accessories:  Beautiful wings embosslit, lace border punch, island indigo ribbon, dazzling details

Well, whatcha think?  I told you the color combo was fab!  I also thought the butterflies would work well with this stamp.  The largest one has the new dazzling details glitter glue on each of the polka dots.  Next time you can't decide on a design why not make one of each and see what happens?:-)  Happy stamping!

1 comment:

  1. That is a great color combination. The cards are really beautiful and if I have to choose one, think I may like the one with the dots the best. Very hard to choose though. Really like the friend stamp set and the butterflies really add a nice touch. I'm so indecisive when it comes to card making. I very often ask my hubby's opinion when it comes to narrowing down which paper or stamp to use. Once I can figure that out; I can usually get on a roll.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...