Thursday, August 18, 2011

Raining Doilies

Hi stampers!  Well since it can't seem to rain...well....rain around here, it might as well rain doilies right?  :-)  I really don't remember the last day it rained here.  Now, it's cooled down a bit and the humidity has gone way down in the past week and thank goodness!  I would have never made it through foot ball two a day practices in that heat and humidity let alone the kids!  Although today was pretty warm in the 90's!  But the dryness has it's own problems, the poor practice field which isn't in the best shape to begin with is like a dust bowl!  There is no grass, just brown "straw" and dirt!  Boy do I ever need a shower when I get home since the dust really sticks to my legs with sticky sunblock on!  I'm hopeful to end the drought on Sunday since we are going to the fair and have tickets to the Lady A concert, lol!  Stuff like that always seems to happen to us...but we'll see. 

In the meantime I have a pretty card for you!  I cased this card directly out of our demo magazine that we get each month.  Hey, there's another reason to sign up, the great magazine which has tons of pretty pictures, ideas, and articles on products and the business aspect of SU!  I really like the magazine and it's just yet another perk (as if I really needed any...I'm so addicted, hehe) to being a demo!  Feel free to contact me if you think it may be something you're interested in!  If you're local we can head to Panera for a little chat and snack;-)  Ok, ok, on to the card right?

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Raining flowers, hello, doily,  pursuit of happiness
Paper:  Very vanilla, pink pirouette, lucky limeade, crumb cake, daffodil delight
Ink:  Pink pirouette, lucky limeade
Accessories:  Circle punch, decorative label punch, triple layer doily punch, dotted scallop border punch

So simple but so pretty!  The only thing I changed was the sentiment as I didn't have the one they featured in the catalog (um, of course that has since changed in the past week, hehe).  They used friendly phrases.  You know, I didn't give that set a second look and then I saw it on this card and then I started seeing it pop up everywhere....well I HAD to have it, right?:-)

That big flower from raining flowers is super easy to cut out too so if you're not a fussy cutter you can still do this!  This card has so many things I love: the doily background, the doily punch, lucky limeade!  Now, the center of the flower is actually one of the doilies punched out and then then center punched out from that with a circle punch!  Genius! 

Ok, I'll wrap it up now as I should probably be heading to bed!  I'll try to be back tomorrow but my Friday nights under the lights start up tomorrow (no more Buffalo Wild Wing Friday date nights with my hubby....sad) so I'll be getting busy and then I have a full schedule of FUN stuff for the weekend!  BUT make sure you check back on Tuesday next week for some very exciting stuff!!!!  Ok?  Remember, Tuesday!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Love the daffodil & limeade together. Such a bright cheery combination. Reminds me of a daisy. I'm glad to know that we're not the only ones who seem to bring rain wherever we go. Yes, they did have 2 tropical storms hit Disney during out honeymoon so it rained ALL day all but 1 day. Yes, we're fun that way. Have fun at the fair & concert. Bet Lady A will be really good in concert!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...