Sunday, October 16, 2011

Kapowey!

Hi stampers!  I'm plugging away at some challenges today!  I'm going to try to get as many cards made before I have to go teach aerobics at 1!  The first one I made today is for the Ka-Pow Creative Challenge over on Carrie Gaskin's blog.  I'm loving her challenges and this one was no exception!  I loved the bright combo of daffodil delight, wisteria wonder, pumpkin pie and whisper white!

I made a card similar to one I swapped at convention but with a few added details.  I thought these colors would look so fun with the flower from button buddies!

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Button buddies, pursuit of happiness, distressed dots
Paper:  Whisper white, wisteria wonder, daffodil delight, pumpkin pie
Ink:  Wisteria wonder, daffodil delight, pumpkin pie
Accessories:  Dotted scallop border punch, in-color polka dot brads

This time, I cut out one of the flowers and popped it up on dimensionals and I added a small punched border. I used the distressed dots background stamp on the card base as an afterthought but you can't see it very well as I didn't leave a large border.  Oh well!   It's a nice sunny card and a nice change of pace from all the fall and Christmas cards I've been making!  Thanks again for another great challenge!

Happy stamping!

6 comments:

  1. Love it! So colourful and funky. Great job on the challenge, dude.

    Deuces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how your sentiment reflects the bright colour combo! It's a beautiful card with simple lines.
    Marnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Bada-"Bling" Happy Card Mindy! So bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A simply beautiful card... simple and beautiful! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! So bright and fun and crisp and clean! Love that popped out flower. Thanks for playing at KKC this week Mindy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a gorgeous card, Mindy! The flowers are just so cheerful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...