Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Freshly Cased

Hi stampers!  Where does the time go?  I can't believe that it's the middle of January already.  Time needs to slooooow down...my birthday will be here before I know it and I don't think I'm ready to be another year older just yet, hehe!  But, maybe I'll have my Christmas trees down by then, lol!  I've been in a pretty down mood since after Christmas so I haven't been able to motivate myself to get much done around the house:-/  I did get one of them down this week though and all the ornaments off our big tree.....I think the problem is I need a vacation to somewhere tropical:-)

Anyway, speaking of January....I LOVE the magazine us demos get every month!  It's called Stampin' Success and has all kinds of great articles, techniques, tips, and projects in it.  I often draw inspiration for my projects from it!  I also love that it has sneak peeks of upcoming items from time to time!  You know I don't have a lot of patience so I love seeing things early, hehe!

I found a number of things to work on in the January edition!  This card is one of them:

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Fresh vintage (SAB),  kind thanks
Paper:  Very vanilla, soft suede, everyday enchantment DSP (SAB)
Ink:  Pool party, lucky limeade, soft suede
Accessories:  Triple layer blossom punch, lucky limeade ruffled ribbon, everyday enchantment ribbon & brad pack (SAB), color spritzer

Isn't it pretty?  I think it was a pretty popular card as I've seen quite a few people posting their version!  And it's a little bit of a sneak peek for you too.  If you haven't already seen the SAB 2012 catalog, this is one of the stamp sets!  It's called fresh vintage and it coordinates with the DSP and ribbon and brad pack.  I really like how this card sort of has it's own handmade DSP with the stamps from the set, that's a technique I often forget about but should remember to use more often! 

I also love the soft colors of this card!  Pool party, lucky limeade and soft suede are a great color combination!  I lightly spritzed the card with soft suede ink using my color spritzer. Lots of sponging helps soften the card too.  I sponged around all of the edges and also around the "flower".  Finally, it's kind of hard to see but I put some of the SAB organdy ribbon over the ruffled ribbon.

Don't forget you can get your own SAB goodies for FREE starting next Tuesday, woo-hoo!

Happy stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...