Friday, April 20, 2012

Fresh grief

Hi stampers!  This card has made me sad all over again about the retiring stamp list!  I never in a million years would have bought the set best friends forever but I got it free at convention...which I just signed up for this summer....don't get me started on that...I'm so excited....anyway.....back to the topic at hand:-)

I got it free and found out that ohmygosh I really liked it (the same goes for raining flowers too...I wonder what we'll get in our bags this year?  We know the names of the sets but NO idea what they look like yet)!  I love the scrolly stamp and the leaf stamp so much for backgrounds and accents.  Sometimes you just need a little something on a card....not a whole background but just something with a little kick.  Take the card I made for the Freshly Made Sketches challenge (which I loved by the way) for example.
 I should have taken a before and after picture of the card without and with the leaves.  It was so blah blank and looks just right with them.  It also didn't look good with a background over the whole card base...there may or may not be a background on the back of one of these cards, hehe;-)

I really am going to miss that one stamp in particular:(  And in an attempt to use some of the TONS of DSP I have laying around, I tried to use some of the twitterpatted which has been severely underused in my stamp room!  I have what, half a month to use up all the DSP I got from the mini and then not much time with the remaining couple of tons from the annual catalog:-)
Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Raining flowers, best friends forever, it's your day
Paper:  Whisper white, pool party, blushing bride, twitterpatted DSP
Ink:  Pool party, island indigo
Accessories:  In color polka dot brads, riding hood red satin pleated ribbon, basic pearls, labels collection framelits

I did take a bit of creative liberty here with the sketch which I normally don't do.  I'm usually pretty black and white and stick to it like glue...maybe the artisan award winner in me is coming out?  Right?  A girl can dream, lol! 

Too bad the challenge wasn't to use as many convention sets as possible because I used THREE on this one card, lol!  I will really miss this little sentiment too....I mean who doesn't love to make and get cards "just because"???? :-)

Time to get back to work...and to work I mean working on my AA entries!  Or at least sitting at my desk thinking about them;-)

Happy stamping!

Edited to add:  So somehow I did the old sketch from last week at FMS....I think I need a vacation!  LOL!  Oh well!

4 comments:

  1. love it! might have to make this so I can say I've used my convention sets more

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. Also wanted to let you know I love your blog and check it out every few days. I can say I haven't used the sets I got at convention last year much so need to get them out. So glad I am a hobby demo so I can keep my huge stash of retiring sets :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its a Beautful Card Mindy!! I am sad to see a lot of the stamp sets go too... but more excited about Convention and the new Catalog. I just can't wait!!!!
    Hugs
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous! Why don't I have those Framelits yet?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...