Monday, September 3, 2012

A LABOR day card

Hi stampers!  And by Labor Day card I mean labor intensive:-)  This card is pretty much the opposite of a mailable Monday card but I made it this weekend and couldn't wait to share it!  I love clean and simple cards but sometimes it's just fun to go a bit over the top.  The base for this card was actually made for another card that didn't work out.

I've had the fun flourish designer frames and the ornament bundle for quite a while (anyone else just HAVE to have things and then they just sit there waiting for you to actually use them?) and finally broke them out this weekend.  Oh, and I finally cut into my champaign glimmer paper too!  I had seen one of my friends use her designer frames and I couldn't wait to come up with something for them, they are so pretty!  The ornament bundle is also super cute!  Don't forget that you can get the stamp set and coordinating framelits at an extra discount when you buy them together!  That's so awesome!

So, I finally ended up with this card!
Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Greetings of the season, ornament keepsakes, daring adventure, alahambra wheel
Paper:  Whisper white, neutrals DSP stack, champaign glimmer
Ink:  Crumb cake, cherry cobbler, versamark
Accessories:  Pewter embossing powder, flourish designer frames, mini brads, merry minis punch pack, circle punch, holiday ornaments framelits, large scallop framelit, cherry cobbler seam binding, vintage faceted buttons, linen thread

Wowzas, it sure took a while to make but it was well worth the effort.  It's too bad that the Holiday catalog usually isn't included in the Artisan contest because my first thought was to save this to enter, hehe! And you probably could mail it, would just cost a little extra postage and use a padded envie.

The frames are meant to be used with the mini brads.  All I did was punch out some CS with the decorative label punch and adhered it to the stamped panel before attaching my frame so that the frame itself was blank.  I love all the sparkle and shine on the card with the glimmer paper and then the contrasting metal finishes of the frame and the ornament in pewter.

I hope you have a very relaxing labor day and get some stamping in too!  That's what I'm about to do!

Happy stamping!

3 comments:

  1. Love it....gorgeous card! Love the dsp. Is it the neutrals dsp you used??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! Love it Mindy, TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. How Lovely! Very Inspired! I am loving those frames, I think I am going to have to get some! The recipient of this card is going to be very lucky!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...