Tuesday, September 4, 2012

HSS 134

Hi stampers!  It's Tuesday and because it was a three day weekend I'll be thrown off all week, ha!  Guess that's not all bad if it turns out to be Friday and I'm thinking it's only Thursday!  Anyway it's time for another challenge over at Hand Stamped Sentiments.  This week is my favorite!  A color challenge!


I have to admit I kind of struggled with this one.  I think it was because they are kind of boyish colors and I'm 110% girl...proved by all the shoe and clothes shopping I've done in the past few weeks (shhhh...don't tell the hubs, lol).  I also sort of have an aversion to certainly celery since pear pizzazz came out.  I think this may be the first time I've used celery in a couple of years, ha!  I secretly hope pear will replace it soon, lol!  I do finally have some boy sets though, yay!  I would have used I dig you but I kind of forgot I had it, lol!  Guess that happens when you have too many stamps!  So, I used moving forward.

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Moving forward, bitty banners
Paper:  Whisper white, daffodil delight, tempting turquoise
Ink:  Daffodil delight, tempting turquoise, night of not quite navy, certainly celery, subtles DSP stack
Accessories:  3 inch circle die, bitty banner framelits, cupcake builder punch, dazzling details

Aren't my cupcake clouds fun? :-)  And it's hard to see but the little banners on the blimp are covered in dazzling details.  I was hesitant to use sparkles on a boy card but it just needed something!

Now head on over and see what the other HSS girls came up with!  And don't forget to play along!

Happy stamping!



4 comments:

  1. Well, for someone who struggled you sure did pull it out!! I love this card and I am dying to use that set as well. I LOVE the images, beautiful card girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a great job. Your card is super cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card! Very cute. Love how you did the hills.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those "sweet" little cupcake clouds layered over your image! And that little green hill, wow! Great job with the color combo.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...