Thursday, November 8, 2012

Going retro again

Hi stampers!  I've been kind of MIA lately.  Sorry...I have no good reason other than I've just been lazy:-)  And I'm ok with that!  Sometimes it's nice to just veg out in front of the TV after work!    And I've been going to bed earlier than normal.  Tuesday I got up at 6 to go vote (which is saying something because I don't get up before 7 unless I absolutely have to, ha) and then I got up early yesterday morning to go run before work since it's dark when I leave work now.  Not sure how often that will actually happen but I kind of liked getting it out of the way....kind of:-)  And it wasn't super cold out....that will end up making a difference soon I'm sure;-)  Oh and I've been a bit addicted to Pinterest this week as well....and paying for it....in the form of online shopping, lol!  Someone stop me!!!! LOL!

But, I did get some stamping done this week.  I just haven't felt like blogging....so I didn't.  Please don't be mad at me:-)

I liked the sketch at Retro Sketches this week (I'm so happy I found their site!) but I was kind of stumped as what to do with it.  It's a great sketch and really unique!!!!

I'm still not sure I love the card I came up with but it is what it is....kind of like the way I've felt the past few days about the election, hehe:-)  I'm so glad all the hub-bub has seemed to die down today and all the ads are done-zo!!!!

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Many merry messages
Paper:  Whisper white, baja breeze, primrose petals, snow festival DSP
Ink:  Cherry cobbler
Accessories:  Flourish designer series frames, mini brads, regals buttons, primrose petals stitched satin ribbon, clear oval accent die, apothecary accents framelits

I didn't know exactly what to do with the blue panel so I just left it now I'm not so sure about it BUT I think anything else might have been too much going on......

I really do like the colors in the snow festival DSP....it's not traditional but it's fresh and wintery and fun!  Now I'm off to work on my card for the new Fab Friday challenge!  I kind of waited until the last minute this week, eek!  Make sure to check it out tomorrow!

Happy stamping!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Mindy! Thanks so much for sharing creative ideas using the Oval Accents die. I have had it ever since the new catalog came out - but have yet to use it! It just seems so . . . BIG! But I love what you do with it and am going to have to break it out and USE it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...