Sunday, May 19, 2013

Gold on gold

Hi stampers!  So I have a new favorite thing (I know, I know...I have a new favorite every few hours it seems) and it's the brushed gold card stock!  I have passed over this item in the catalog for YEARS!  But after seeing a few ideas with it a while back I decided to get some and wow-weee is it pretty!  It's funny, for years you wouldn't have caught me dead in any gold jewelry but gold is HOT the past few years and now I can't imagine not having any like some of my earrings or my rose gold watch :-)  Funny how we change and how things come and go isn't it?

Anyway, for my card today I thought it would be fun to do some gold embossing on the gold card stock and I have to say it is gorgeous!  It's a really pretty look because the EP is shiny and the cardstock is more matte.  Another reason I love this card stock is because it's matte and not overly sparkly.  It adds just the right touch a project needs!  I actually thought about doing something like this for one of my artisan projects but none of them made the cut....maybe next year ;-)

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Oh hello, my paper pumpkin welcome kit
Paper:  Very vanilla, pool party, pool party core'dinations, brushed gold
Ink:  Crumb cake, pool party, versa mark
Accessories:  Oval framelits, honeycomb embossing folder, sanding block, gold EP, flower trim, natural buttons, linen thread, SAB button pack (retired)

It's much prettier is real life!  This is also an old sketch from somewhere....I often get asked how I come up with my designs and I spend a lot of time looking at sketches on Pinterest as well as challenge blogs.  Most of them have a place where you can find past sketches and I really love that feature!  I can browse until I see one that suits my needs or one will just jump out at me!  Don't think you only have to use "current" challenges!

Speaking of artisan....I FINALLY got it all mailed off yesterday morning.  Wish me luck!  I have to admit that for some reason I just wasn't as into it this year...at least not for the past month or so.  I came out of the gate swinging but then lost momentum.  I'm sure there are a few reasons but my creativity has really come and gone in spurts this year.  A big part of it I think was that I had this super cool idea for a rug with the fabric and I'll be darned if SU didn't post the EXACT same thing on their new blog a few months ago.  Took the wind RIGHT out of my saisl!

I have to say though on Friday night as I sat down to do my final tweaks to everything and get my supply lists ready (which took for-ev-er due to technical issues with my new wireless printer...had to call in tech support AKA my hubby, lol) I did get a little more excited about it and a little more enthused about my projects.  And I already have an idea for an entry for next year, lol!  But at least it's done and now the waiting begins :-)

Wish me and all the other people who entered luck!!!! :-)

Happy stamping!

2 comments:

  1. Not a huge gold fan, but I LOVE this! Just when I think I don't need any other paper, I see something new (but old) that is awesom. Thanks for sharing your oh-so-pretty card! And good luck with the Aritisan entry...you've got this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so hard to show in the catalogue just how pretty the Brushed Gold and Brushed Silver papers are. You did a great job using it on this card. I love the idea of using gold embossing powder on the paper. I'll have to try that. Wishing you all the best with your Artisan entries. I'm sure they were all outstanding! Love your style! --Doris

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...