Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Something new and different...

Hi stampers!  Ok, a quick break today from the new sneak peeks.  I did something a little different for a few reasons today.  First off, it's square...I need to make more different sized and shaped cards.  Next, like I said, it doesn't use any sneak peek items or new in colors, hehe!  That's all I seem to be using lately!  And third, it's really a different style card for me I think...and I LIKE it!  I hope you do too!

It's kind of fun and grungy which is totally "in" right now!  The splatters are very popular (and fun to do I might add) and so are distressed type images like the little bits of chevron you see.  That was pretty easy to do by simply inking up the stamp kind of helter-skelter with a sponge.  I didn't want it to have defined edges so I just did a few dabs here and there staying away from the edges of the stamp.

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  April 2013 my paper pumpkin kit, wishes your way
Paper:  Whisper white, Bermuda bay, so saffron
Ink:  Bermuda bay, so saffron
Accessories: Ovals framelits, dotted scallop border punch, natural trim ribbon

Of course I had to use the "seriously" stamp from the April My Paper Pumpkin kit.  It's seriously cute!  Seriously!  :-)  I think they also need to make one that says, "seriously?"  I could really use the one with the question mark because I say that to my hubby all the time, LOL!!!!!!  ;-)

I used ink refill and shimmer paints with an aqua painter for the splatters.  Make sure to pick up some shimmer paint from my store before it runs out as it's retiring!!!!  And a little tip....make sure to cover your work space and anything you don't want splatters on when you do that ;-)

Happy stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...