Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Full Term!

Hi stampers!  So today Baby B hits 39 weeks which is officially full term so he can come any time (well anytime later today AFTER his granny gets here).  My mom is coming today to "move in" for a few weeks.  She wants to stay for a week after he comes (and so do we) so I'm hoping he comes sooner than later so we don't end up driving each other nuts (lol) and she doesn't have to be stuck here for like a month.  I feel bad for basically having her life put on hold at home but she wants to.  But, she's busier being retired than she was working so I still feel bad lol!  I think she may secretly be looking forward to it so she can "rest" hahahaha!  I think it's going to make my hubby feel really good that I'm not home alone all day now so that she can help me with things and I'll have someone here if I should go into labor and it takes him a while to get home from work. I'm very lucky that the loves her almost as much as I do:-)  And she probably likes him better than me most of the time as he's generally nicer to her than I may be, ha!  They totally gang up on me!!!!! Gotta love the mother daughter relationship, right???? :-)

My guess is he will come Friday.  Why?  Well because I finally hit submit on an order with the rest of the blendability markers and they are scheduled to come Friday...so I will probably not get to use them lol!  Isn't that the way the world works for anyone else????? :-)

I'm happy to say I got the "thing" removed from my neck yesterday which of course turned into a whole ordeal.  I'm one of the lucky FIVE percent to get a pyloric granuloma (read ugly blood blister hemangioma type thing) on my neck.  They often leave them as they may go away after birth but mine was growing scary fast and would bleed which was fun....NOT!  So, the OB was going to just take care of it until it grew so much in a week that they sent me to a derm.  Which of course it was hard to get in on short notice and then we had some plumbing issues (hubby is in the doghouse...don't ask)  so I had to try to juggle the plumber and the appointment, ugh!  BUT, I really liked the derm and I'm happy to say she got rid of it in minutes with zero pain!  Here's hoping to it staying gone!!!

Anyway, I'm rambling but I do that...and I'm trying to pass the time until momma gets here.  I SHOULD be doing more productive things as I have a list of stuff to do today!  I'm hoping to stamp a little too.  I need to make myself do the not fun stuff first...but we'll see how that goes :-)

So, I'll share this card really quick. It's nothing fancy and uses some retired ribbon but it's cute nonetheless.  I hopes to motivate me to stamp and increase my creativity I organized some stuff in my studio the other night.  I really cleaned up my ribbon storage and got all the current stuff together.  I tend to feel more creative when I'm neat and organized.  But, it's not always easy to go through things.  I tend to feel overwhelmed sometimes so I just ignore whatever the task is, lol!  But I'm glad I did it and went through my DSP and cleared that out as well. We will see if it helps.  Maybe it was like stamping nesting, hahaha!

I'm having a bit of a hard time getting a good image with this cloud stamp from the hello love hostess set.  I'll have to keep working on it!  I finally gave up the other night and it is what it is :-)

Stamps:  Hello love (hostess)
Paper:  Whisper white, basic gray, hello honey, moonlight DSP stack
Ink:  Hello honey, lost lagoon
Accessories:  Circle punches, dazzling details, basic gray taffeta ribbon (retired)

It's hard to see in the photo but the little chubby bird (I love him) has some dazzling details on his belly.

And that's it.  A simple little card.  Now to see what I actually get done today.  I suppose a shower should be first up!

Happy stamping!

3 comments:

  1. I think your card turned out very cute! Hope labor and delivery goes smoothly for you. Can't wait to see pics of the little guy:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god Mindy, I had to pipe in to tell you that the second my son was born I had one of those dreadful things on my finger. I thought it was glitter stuck in my finger at first. Then I thought I had something like a wart. Ewwww. Then it was nasty but I could wear a bandaid. I got it removed. I don't know why but I felt some comfort in reading this today knowing I wasn't the only weirdo in the world. I mean that in all the kindness. I hope you are in your way to the hospital. And i can't wait to see pictures of your little boy in a non creepy way. Good luck and hopefully you'll find time to create. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card. I steal from you and your ideas a lot!! So excited for you to meet your precious baby boy. It's wonderful that your mom is able to spend time with you before and after baby. What a precious gift for both of you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...