Thursday, June 18, 2015

Color crazed

Hi stampers!  I swear, I'm going to try to do better at posting :-)  I have been stamping a bit here and there lately so that's good!  And I'm working really hard at getting some ideas going for my convention swaps so that's progress I suppose!

I do have to admit while I don't dislike this year's in colors, they aren't as easy for me to use as some from previous years.  But, in time, I always warm up to all of them I suppose.  This time I'm struggling most with the cucumber and watermelon colors.  In general, they just aren't colors I'm particularly drawn to...until I realized my toes are pretty much painted watermelon wonder, ha!  I guess I do have a thing for BRIGHT colors in the summer time, especially on my toes!  That's making me look at the color just a tad differently now.

I also happened to glance down at my grid paper the other day and notice a color combo that I NEVER would have thought of on my own.  The colors were from a number of projects and just kind of came together by accident to speak to me!  And I was really happy to see watermelon wonder working so great with Bermuda bay and hello honey!

You'll see another project soon with them too with a bit of a different tone.  For now, here is what I'm sharing today!  Who knew these rather bright colors could make a vintage-ish card!?!

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps: Choose happiness
Paper:  Very vanilla, hello honey
Ink:  Hello honey, bermuda bay, watermelon wonder
Accessories:  Linen thread, burlap ribbon, gold sequin trim

It's always great when a "mess" like my grid paper inspires a card!

Happy stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...