Thursday, February 11, 2016

Trying Again

Hi stampers!  Ok, maybe I'm going to finally get my act together and stamp and blog more regularly.  Not regularly but MORE regularly, lol!  I've been inspired to stamp lately but a few things stand in my way.

One, I'm tired, like tired all the time.  I think it's a state of mind more than anything as I get lots of sleep (Ian sleeps well and a long time but I need a long time too...like 9+ hours a night...yikes) but man, by 7:15 which is his bed time I kind of just want to sit still and veg on the couch and watch my shows (I like tv...I'm ok with it).

I guess it makes sense since from about 4:30 when I typically start making dinner until Ian's bed time is probably my busiest part of the day with making dinner while trying to entertain him (which never fails he will play independently ALL day until I need to get dinner), eating, then cleaning up and trying to have some family time before the bath time/bed time festivities.  I want to stay up late and stamp but it never happens.  I think I'm physically incapable of staying up past 10pm now, LOL!  And I occasionally stamp at his nap time but most days, I use that time to shower after going to the gym and getting ready for the rest of our day. By the time I'm done with that, I do a few other things and like to sit still and alone and have some coffee, lol!  Then he's back up.   Some people make parenting look so easy but it's exhausts me!  I love it and I love staying home with Ian but he wears me out on the regular ;-)  I suppose I should give you all an update on the little man soon seeing as he's 18 months old now...stay tuned!

Two, I hate all the supplies I have...LOL!  Ever been there?  You all know I have OODLES of stuff but none of it has been speaking to me.  At least I have this problem remedied as I got an order recently.  Stamping has increased about 1000 percent since the man in brown came.  However, my budget is not a fan of this solution...but whatever works, right?

Finally, it's freaking cold and I mean FRIGID in my basement studio.  I'm going to try my hardest to get a room on the main floor or above in our next house!  I don't do the cold...and it's a HUGE deterrent to my stamping especially in the dead of winter and in the evening.  Anyone else have a COLD room?  I suppose I could get a space heater but it's still cold down there!

Anyway, they are all kind of lame excuses (except maybe the cold one..I HATE being cold) but now you know my secrets....but I'm working on solutions and all the goodies from the occasions catalog and SAB brochure are inspiring me!

Take the sunburst die!  I love it!  Look what you can do with it!

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Hello (SAB set)
Paper: Whisper white, daffodil delight
Ink:  Daffodil delight, Bermuda bay
Accessories: Sunburst thinlit dies, metallic foil dies

I'm in love with this bright and cheery card especially since it's so cold and often dreary!  If you want to get your hands on this super fun stamp set you better get on it!  It's a limited time SAB set and will only be around a few more days (through the 15th)!  You can get it FREE with a $50 purchase from my store.  This card is super simple and those doilies are one of my favorite accessories!

Wouldn't you love to make this card to bring some cheer to someone who could use it this winter?

Happy stamping!

2 comments:

  1. I really love your card, Mindy. It is so bright and cheery. I live in Florida, but I'm cold right now. That card warmed me up as soon as I saw it. Maybe you need several bright lights by your work area - and the space heater. Then put that card over your table. That should help warm it up. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My crafting space is in the basement too, so I have been wearing thermals when I'm spending time down there of late. That and a whole lot of hot tea helps me stay if not toasty, then at least not frozen through!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...