Thursday, July 6, 2017

Carols of Christmas - Stampin' Up Global Artisan Design Team Blog Hop

Hi stampers and Merry Christmas in July!  We have a very special blog hop for you this week featuring a peek out of the upcoming Holiday Catalog!  Can you believe it's almost that time already?

This artisan hop is all about the Carols of Christmas stamp set and coordinating thinlits (card front builder thinlit dies)!  Take a trip around the glob with all 20 of us and cool off from the heat!



Demonstrators can pre-order this bundle until July 31st.  The pre-order is going on RIGHT NOW! By purchasing the set and thinlits as a bundle you save 10 percent!  One of the MANY perks to becoming a demonstrator is getting your hands on this stuff early, hint hint;-)  Of course, if that wasn't good enough, Christmas is coming early this year!  If you sign up in July, you'll get a special gift from Stampin' Up that includes this stamp set as well as some stamping basics like a clear block, grid paper and more!  Feel free to message me if you want more information on becoming a demonstrator!

Customers will be able to purchase the bundle starting August 1st,  which is a whole month before the catalog goes live!  You'll be getting a head start on your Christmas cards!  Look for more on that at a later date!

I have to say I struggled for a little on what to make but once I got started, I couldn't stop!  I had a hard time deciding what to show you for this hop.  I finally decided on some fairly traditional cards which all use similar colors and embellishments.  The great thing about this set is that it pairs perfectly with so many items in the annual catalog!  You don't even need any fancy extras from the holiday catalog, you can totally use what you have already!  I narrowed my colors to cherry cobbler, garden green, old olive, and tranquil tide which I think make fabulous Christmas colors!


For this card, which is my favorite, I simply added some of the washi tape from the basics pack 2, copper foil, and of course my favorite, stitched framelits.  I splattered to some ink with a marker before I started as well.  And the final touch is my little copper embossed deer I cut out with the framelits.


I love how simple it is and I love all the greens together!

For this card, I pulled out the wood textures DSP and kind of had the idea of a wreath here with the circles and the boxwood embellishment.  Instead of using the embellishment as a wreath though, I snipped off a small portion with some craft scissors and straightened it out to make a little sprig.  The scallop is from the seasonal layers thinlits.  Don't forget about that great element!  I also cut out the middle of my stitched circle with my layering circles just for a little different look and to keep the cherry cobbler a little more subtle.  Gold foil, metallic thread, and metallic shapes finish it off.


For my final card, I pulled out the embossing paste and cut a mask in some scrap cardstock using the pine trees from the thinlits.  Don't forget, you can always make your own masks!  These thinlits are super cool and you can do some neat card front building with them which you're sure to see in this hop, but I wanted to do something a bit different with them.

I mixed some garden green with the paste.  After that was all dry, I went back with some plain paste to add some "snow" to my evergreens for a fun little extra.


I hope you enjoyed these cards as much as I did making them.

Make sure to click on over the Miriam's blog and see what she has for you!  It's fabulous!


If you'd like to jump around a bit, you can do that too!


Happy stamping!

Note:  The carols of Christmas set and card front builder dies aren't in the data base yet so they aren't on the list, sorry!
Product List

5 comments:

  1. Lovely Cards! Hah, I just wish me Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the rustic feel on all of these cards. Just beautiful! And I agree, this set is perfect with embossing paste :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Traditional is good and I think you nailed all three of these beauties. Love all the little touches you think to add too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards! Love the one with embossing paste! The perfect snow for trees!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute collection of cards Mindy! Love the washi!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...