Thursday, July 20, 2017

Colorful Seasons Seasonal Decor Frame - Stampin' Up Global Artisan Design Team Blog Hop

Hi stampers!  It's time again for the Stampin' Up Global Artisan Design Team Blog Hop!  Take a trip around the world and see what we made.  Don't forget to use Google Translate to keep up if you need to!

For the focus this time around, we are using the color theory suite which includes the colorful seasons stamp set, seasonal layers thinlits, and the color theory DSP stack.  The colors are so bright and cheerful!

Cards just weren't speaking to me with this suite but some old frames I had lying around were!  I made a little home decor piece for each season!  This suite is perfect for celebration every season!  We have built in shelves on either side of our fireplace, so I'm happy to have another thing to take up space on them :-)  We didn't have any shelves in our old house so I've been slowly collecting things to fill them up.


For each insert, I stamped my sentiment on vellum using versa mark and our classic inks and then used clear embossing powder to keep them from smearing.  It also adds a bit of shine!  This would also make a fantastic gift!

These were a little hard to capture on camera with the glass since it was attached to my frame.  I held them to reduce the glare so ignore my pudgy hands :-)  I kept them simple because sometimes I have to remind myself that less is more and it was in this case!


For autumn, I used both a gold foil sheet and a copper one for my leaves.  For the one with all the cutouts, I left some of them in.  Basically, whatever fell out of it's own accord I let fall out and I didn't poke out the rest.  It made for a really pretty leaf!  Don't be afraid of not poking out your die cuts!  It adds a whole new look!  I tied them with a bit of linen thread.  I also stamped a few leaves in crushed curry across the paper.


The winter insert is my favorite.  I did the same thing with the die cut here and let some of the pieces fall out.  I stamped some falling flakes in dapper denim.  It's simple and pretty, kind of like snowfall.

For my spring insert I simply stamped some blossoms on berry burst and added a branch of crumb cake.  

 Finally, the summer insert reminds me of sitting at my mom's farm looking over her green valley or "bottom" as we call it, refreshing lemonade at hand :-)  Ok, so this one may be my favorite actually.

I hope you enjoyed my project today!  Now you're off to see what colorful project Miriam has for you!




Happy stamping!

Product List

7 comments:

  1. I love picture frames! That's a great idea ❤️
    xo
    Sylwia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Copper is my favourite!!! Love how clever you were!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The combination with gold is very nice! Very beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cute! I love the frame idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great idea! I love how you put the copper and gold together for Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mindy......what size are your frames please? Thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's oddly sized at 3-3/4 square. It's from the dollar spot at Target years ago.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...