Friday, July 21, 2017

Fab Friday 117

Hi stampers!  Happy Friday!  After a couple days alone with Ian this week, I'm ready for the weekend!  I mean I'm always exhausted but this broken toe is adding a whole new level.  It was doing really well or so I thought until last week after my follow up appointment and some this week.  Four weeks feels like 40...but I'd think it would be better, especially after feeling good recently.  I guess I'll insist on another x-ray if it's not getting better by next week.

Anyway, hooray for Friday, specifically when Jon gets home from work :-)  At least it's time for a new Fab Friday challenge!  We have a sketch for you this time.


I used celebration thinlits and the sunshine sayings stamp set and a whole bunch of embellishments!  I browse a lot on Instagram and Pinterest and have been seeing a lot of inspiration there in the form of cakes so I wanted to do a sort of ombre layer cake here. It didn't all turn out exactly as I pictured but it's ok.  I don't care for the way my ribbon ended up but what can you do after you stick it all down? ;-)


I added a "cascade" of flowers with the in color glitter acrylic shapes...and true confession time.  I sort of forgot about these and forgot that I had them!  WHAT is wrong with me, they are so fun!  I also added a variety of sequins from both packs that we have.  Some sliver metallic thread and a bitty bow finish off my cake.  I WISH I could decorate cakes this well in real life but I better stick to paper!


I embossed my sentiment with white and if you visit here often, you've seen that a lot lately.  I'm kind of stuck on it and I'm ok with that ;-)  I added a gold cake stand as well.  I like mixing my metallics!

Edited to add:  I've had some questions on how I adhered everything, I really should get better at the details :-)  I used glue dots for the flowers and for the largest sequins.  I used the fine tip glue pen for the two smaller sequins.

I hope you liked my cake and I hope you'll check out the Fab Friday site and play along with us!

Happy stamping! Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...