Thursday, November 2, 2017

Stampin' Blends Cards - Stampin' Up Global Design Team Blog Hop

Hi stampers!  HOW in the world is it November already?  The holidays and last few months of the year go so darn fast!  And, just in time for your holiday crafting, the Artisan Design Team is showcasing the BRAND NEW Stampin' Blends Markers.  Stampin’ Up!’s premier alcohol markers, Stampin’ Blends are high-quality, dual-tip markers that come in 12 of Stampin’ Up!’s exclusive colors, each with a light and dark shade. Maybe you don’t think of yourself as an artist, but you don’t need to be because these markers make it super easy to blend colors and create gorgeous works of art! 

I shared a little bit about these yesterday as well, so check out those tips and tricks after you hop!




I have a few cards to share.  The first one is actually the second card I made because I totally forgot we were supposed to showcase a couple of specific colors (Night of Navy and Pink Pirouette).  Thankfully, I remembered right after I finished it.  So, I'll get to that in a minute but here's my re-do.


The Ready For Christmas bundle creates such a fun little scene and it was so fun to color all the little accents.  I designed this with the wreath as my main inspiration!  I wanted a staircase with a wreath and it's so cute!  And now who says blue and pink can't be Christmas colors?  This would be perfect for a family with two boys and a girl ;-) For my staircase, I really wanted to add some texture, so instead of stamping it, I embossed kraft paper (from the Merry Little Christmas Cardstock Pack) and then cut it out and sponged ink all over it.  I also VERY CAREFULLY colored some of our rhinestones pink.  SU doesn't really recommend this because it can ruin the tip of your marker but I'm a rebel like that and was VERY careful!  Did I mention that? :-)

For my next card, I borrowed an idea from fellow DT member, Holly (thanks girl)!  She made a stunning lantern card where the lanterns looked like they were glowing and I loved it!  We were sent the Color Me Happy stamp set and Color Me Happy Project Kit so I broke into it and used a couple of parts of it here.  I thought a new years card with the little Chinese lanterns would be cute and quite appropriate, no?  The lanterns are fun to color and watch come to life! Don't they really look like they glow?  I added some of the gold tape and a fun little tassle from the kit.  And don't forget about Teeny Tiny Wishes for that sentiment!  I have been reaching for that set a lot lately!  It's an oldie but a goodie!

Who knew pink and blue made such good holiday cards!


And finally, here is my original card in more traditional holiday colors.  Isn't this bundle just the cutest?


And there you have it!  This girl who used to HATE to color and be pretty crappy at it (lol) is now an artist (said all French-like)!  Order yours today and let your inner artist out!

Now, take a trip on over to the Netherlands and visit Miriam!  She's sure to knock your socks off!




Happy hopping, stamping....and coloring ;-)
Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...